Kingston moms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kingston moms

A place for moms in the Kingston area to meet each other and discuss various topics about children and theirfamilies.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Family doctor?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
princesstia

Family doctor? Empty
PostSubject: Family doctor?   Family doctor? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:45 pm

Okay ladies, I'm stumped. I'm due in June and need a doctor for this baby (both my DH and I are military so we do not have a family physician). Any idea how to go about this. So far no one I've contacted is accepting new patients, and the one clinic I did find ended up being a meth clinic...so not much use to me. I'm starting to get a little concerned...what happens if I don't have a doctor for this kid? Neutral
Back to top Go down
mommyof 2
Admin

Family doctor? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family doctor?   Family doctor? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:07 pm

I have been searching too. Aparently doc are hard to find here. If you don't have a doc when you deliver then it is the doc at the hospital that is on call that night or day, but make sure and register at the hospital so they know you are coming and don't have a doctor.
Back to top Go down
https://kingstonmoms.forumakers.com
princesstia

Family doctor? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family doctor?   Family doctor? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 4:30 pm

Thanks...Can I go to the hospital for all the regular check ups and stuff too if I don't find a doctor?
Back to top Go down
mommyof 2
Admin

Family doctor? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family doctor?   Family doctor? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:18 pm

I'm not sure if you can go into the hospital for check-ups. Have you tried only OB's as opposed to a family doctor? An OB is more likely to take you in.
Back to top Go down
mommyof 2
Admin

Family doctor? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family doctor?   Family doctor? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:32 pm

Any luck yet princesstia?
Back to top Go down
princesstia

Family doctor? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family doctor?   Family doctor? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 12:14 pm

I found a family doctor who is taking patients in Amherstview and put in an application, so I think we're wait-listed...I still didn't have any luck in Kingston.
Back to top Go down
princesstia

Family doctor? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family doctor?   Family doctor? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 12:18 pm

I should clarify...I have an OB and have been doing regular prenatal checkups...what I need is a family doc for baby after it is born (for check-ups and the like). I asked my OB and he suggested that I ask the miltary to follow the baby...apparently he doesn't have many military patients because it just doesn't work that way Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Family doctor? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family doctor?   Family doctor? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Family doctor?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kingston moms :: Pregnancy and Parenting :: Health and Safety-
Jump to: